Breaded dragon is a type of lizard which is domesticated in the houses. This is one of the simplest pet lizards to manage. These pets are not particular about their food as they like an ample number of meals. However bearded dragons require a good amount of space for habitat.
Their housing need is not as complex as a tortoise or chameleons. Bearded Dragons is an exceptional pet lizard. Fair size and pleasant lizard can care with ease. Bearded Dragons are also known as Beardies in the pet business.
Recommendations For Bearded Dragon Care
If you are the one who eagerly wants to domesticate a reptile then bearded dragon will prove a great pet for you. The qualities which make them best is their familiar and easy to understand nature.
This can expand up to a height of 24 inches and had a life expectancy up to 15 years. They need proper maintenance and shelter. They render a long term relationship.
- Central Bearded Dragon: Pogona vitticeps
- Originated from rugged, dry areas adjoining woods in Australia
- life expectancy in domestication: 6-15 years approximately
- Measurement: can expand up to 24 inches
- Weight can increase up to 510 grams.
- Colour: light brown to dusky rust colored. The color of this dragon gets extra dark once it is frightened.
- Genital capability: Maximum 2 years of age.
- Distinguishing traits: The grown-up male dragon may have a larger head, solid tail, dark shaded black whiskers while reproducing period, and extremely rough femoral openings.
- Egg laying time: It can take up to 35 days in laying eggs.
- The most amusing nature of bearded dragon is its familiar nature in domestication. The pet normally adjusts to humans easily.
- Normally it gets more active at day time but in the extra warm desert, it remains in dens for protection from hot weather.
- Omnivorous: Consumes green vegetables, fruits, herbs, bugs, and tiny creatures
- The ratio of veggies should be more such as a 60:40 ratio.
- Fresh mustards, cabbage vegetables, turnip vegetable, kale, dandelion plants, peas, zucchini,
- sweet potato, carrots, and broccoli. This is necessary to feed veggies to the younger bearded dragon to create agreement in them.
- Non-veg – Crickets, worms, baby rat, and cockroaches
- Calcium enriched green veggies must be fed.
- Clean water
- Properly aired, glass covered container from the top which is secure enough to keep this pet. The 40 ltr of the container can be used for bearded dragon up to 1 year old. A larger container is needed for an adult one.
- A right temperature needs to be maintained which can range from 24 degrees to 30 degrees in the coldest region and 33 degrees to 38 degrees at the relaxing region. The glowing lanterns and earthenware heaters rather than other hot modes.
- The ultraviolet radiation of A and B type is necessary to reduce the lack of Vitamin D. This is necessary to maintain bone density as they are more vulnerable bone diseases.
- The bulbs can be used to provide ultraviolet radiation B. with The bulb comes in Luminous and mercury steam form. It can cost around 30 to 75 dollars. Change these bulbs on a timely basis.
- The bulb should be placed at a safe distance of around 31 to 46 cms from the dragon relaxing area. The warmth should be checked properly and regularly.
- Lizard matting, Journal or paper cover can be used to create habitat. Avoid sand and other material which can harm if eaten by mistake.
- Arrange some woods and rugs in the container so that dragon can play hide and seek.
- Clean water for drowning and play and keep changing that water on a regular basis.
- The dragons should be kept separately as they can harm each other on placing together.
- A full environmental review in a time span of 6 months to 1 year.
- Take advice from a doctor on how to manage a lizard if suffering from any kind of health issue.
- Yearly poop testing for a harmful microorganism.
- Mandatory Blood tests as per the suggestion of your doctor.
Usual Pharmaceutical Ailments
- Coupling of eggs in females
- Internal epiphytes
- bone disorder
- Disturbing injuries
- Skin and chops diseases
How To Get A Inland Bearded Dragon?
A Bearded dragon generally can be purchased from nearby animal shops. These pets are easily accessible. You can also get them from various pet exhibition or from the grower. The grower is the person who breeds precisely picked mates. Nowadays online purchase option is also available.
Domestically raised bearded dragon are profoundly suggested for petting. The domesticated one is considered as more stronger as compared to forest dragon. You can get variety in colors of a bearded dragon. You may find it costly when it comes to the usual color lizards.
Other Qualities Of A Bearded Dragon
This pet has qualities which made it unique from other pets. This is usually recognized as one of the great pet lizards. It is appreciated for staying quick, vigorous and obedient. The bearded dragon keepers admire observing their pet cute habits.
They seem very interesting when gets excited about calling for food, catching food and while communicating between them.
Bearded dragons present fascinating responses such as the use of the first two arms for giving respect like we give our elders.
The spiky whiskers for which dragon is known for are very entertaining. The whiskers become straight once the pet got frightened with something. The whiskers act as an alarm that it is getting scared.
You are all set to become a good master of your pet. Make your pet feel gratified to get you as its parents. It is quite obvious that this bearded dragon care guide will help in developing a strong bond between you and the little creature.
Do not hesitate to include this awesome pet in your wonderful world. They will definitely change your life in terms of happiness, entertainment and excitement through their habits.